Thursday, February 28, 2013

PowerStep Product Review



If you have flat feet or plantar faciitis, PowerStep Orthotic Arch Support will definitely help. Pain in your heel and arch dramatically decreases with these insoles in your shoes.

When I decided to go back to the gym after a long hiatus, the first thing I needed was a good pair of cross trainers. I started with a nice pair of Reebox's. While they were comfortable at the store and okay at the gym, my feet would be sore for hours after a workout. Then I purchased a pair of bright blue Nike's, which were okay for an hour at the gym. My feet were still taking a beating and coming out as the loser. That was when I realized I would need more support than what the standard insole could offer because I have mild fallen arches.

I picked out the PowerStep Original Full Length Orthotic Arch Supports because they are our most popular insole. They are always selling out and getting rave reviews.
Powerstep Full Length orthotic arch supports feature a prescription like polypropylene arch support encased in a unique double-layered cushioning insole. The insole is made from polyethylene foam and it completely surrounds and encases the plastic arch support. Powerstep orthotic arch supports have a deeper, softer heel cup then most hard plastic orthotics. The heel cup is sculpted from the firm polyethylene foam so it is extremely comfortable yet still adds to the over all stability of the orthotic arch support. The top blue covering on the Powerstep Full Length orthotic arch support is a special patented Sanitize ETC fabric. Its special weave reduces slippage and friction (and therefore heat and perspiration). Sanitiz ETC fabric is treated with an anti-bacterial/anti fungal application so the Powerstep orthotic arch supports stay fresh and odor free even after considerable use. 
My first workout with the PowerStep Original Full Length Orthotic Arch Supports was painful but did not leave my feet feeling sore and tired afterwards. My feet no longer bothered me and I could focus on getting back in shape. It also helped with my balance, which was a nice surprise.

The insoles are hard and supportive, not soft and cushy. My arches were sore from so much support but after a few hours, they felt great. I wear a size 8.5 in women's and the arch hit me perfectly. The orthotic fit in my athletic shoes without any extra space or wiggle-room.

After about half a year, 5-10 hours a week of vigorous training, they were wearing thin. I replaced them with the ProTech Classic Plus because they're a little softer and offer the extra heel poron cushion. But next time I plan on getting the Original, just because I don't really need extra cushion. Either way, they are still incredible.

Below is a comparison chart which can help guide you to your perfect fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment